Thank you for visiting the Community Garden Club of Meredith’s website. The club is a local nonprofit volunteer organization established in 1951. For more than 65 years, the club has been a great place to meet and get to know others in our community who share an interest in gardening and the environment.
Carol F. Gerken and Pat Mc Farlin
Chartered in 1951, the Community Garden Club of Meredith, a volunteer organization has promoted horticultural education, civic beautification and conservation.
Members join committees of their choice such as: Membership, Hospitality, Publicity, Weed & Feed, Scholarship, Programs, Sunshine, Horticulture and Garden Outreach Therapy.
In the fall of 2017, members donated and planted 1600 daffodil bulbs in honor of Meredith’s 250th Birthday. Another 1000 were planted in 2018 and plans continue to add more to our Daffodil Days.
In addition, members plant and maintain garden beds and tubs found at: Chamber of Commerce, Meredith Community Center Flagpole and Upper Gardens, Meredith Post Office, Meredith Town Hall, Triangles at Pleasant and Plymouth Streets, Bobbie’s Barrels at Waukewan Park and the Town Docks Planter.
Local nonprofit organizations the Community Garden Club of Meredith has supported with donations from fundraisers:
Copyright © 2019 Community Garden Club of Meredith - All Rights Reserved.